INTRODUCTION OF WORKPLACE PAYMENT, CREDIT AND EXEMPTION REGULATION
This regulation shall be applied to regulate relations concerning to the issue of labour force abroad, receiving payment, reduction and exemption of jobs specified in Article 9 of the Law of Mongolia on Sending labour force abroad and receiving labour force and specialists from abroad. Workplace payment means a payment by a business entity, organization or citizen (hereinafter referred to as “organization”) working in the territory of Mongolia legal payments for providing foreign citizens with jobs and to provide income work and services.
Monthly workplace amount is equal to 2 times of the minimum wage approved by Government of Mongolia per foreign citizen.
If a foreign national who has obtained a work permit in Mongolia expiration or annulment an employment agreement concluded with that organization, the difference in payment made in advance shall be refunded based on the request of the organization and the statement of the state administrative body in charge of citizenship and migration.
The following foreign citizens are exempted from the job payment:
1. Foreign diplomatic and consular officers residing in Mongolia and their families;
2. Foreign citizen and his/her family working at the International Representative Office (UNDP, World Health Organization branch);
3. Foreign consultants, specialists, teachers and researchers working in the field of education and science;
4. Specialists and employees working under the agreement, as provided in the Government agreement;
5. Volunteers working in accordance with international treaties to which Mongolia is a party and agreements concluded with the State Central Administrative Body;
6. An employee of a foreign non-profit (non-profit) organization operating a humanitarian in Mongolia.
7. Exemption from job payment based on the definition of the state administrative body in charge of investment affairs shall be exempted by up to 3 investor, member and management representatives of foreign invested business entity.
8. Fees stipulated in this regulation shall not be charged for foreign citizens who are officially residing in Mongolia for a long time, immigrant and married to a Mongolian citizen.
Source: Introduction of Workplace Payment, Credit and Exemption Regulation, the Government of Mongolia