IMMIGRANT EXIT AND ENTRY NOTICES
According to Article 40.1.7 of the Law on the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens and Article 9.10 of “Procedures for Residence and Registration of Foreign Citizens in Mongolia”, a foreign citizen who has obtained an immigration residence permit in Mongolia shall be issued a residence permit in Mongolia at least 72 hours before entering or leaving the border of Mongolia. It is stipulated to register the destination country, period, and purpose in electronic or written form in advance to the Immigration Agency of Mongolia.
- If a foreign citizen with an immigrant residence permit travels to a foreign country for more than 180 days in a year, his/her residence permit will be temporarily closed at the Immigration Agency of Mongolia.
- If a foreigner who has received an immigration residence permit in Mongolia has not been in the territory of the country for more than 180 days in a year, Immigration Agency of Mongolia may cancel the immigration permit.
- If your period of travel to a foreign country exceeds 180 days in a year, prepare the relevant documents and submit them at the window "Request for exemption of residence permit" or visit the Immigration Agency of Mongolia in person.
List of documents to be submitted in person:
- A request indicating the destination country, period, and purpose of a foreign citizen with an immigrant residence permit;
- Copy of the residence permit in Mongolia;
- Original passport and a copy of the document replacing it;